Program Learning Outcome
At the end of the program, students will be able to :
- Confidently generate in-depth knowledge acquisition and management.
- Originate, formulate, characterize and solve appropriate operational problems and designs.
- Develop knowledge and technology of relevant project.
- Generate comprehensive knowledge of appropriate fields in business thinking/entrepreneurship.
- Adapt appropriate research methodologies, techniques and tools.
- Communication effectively through written and oral.
- Exemplify high leadership qualities and team working.
- Seek high ethical standards and integrity in appropriate practice.
- A master’s degree in relevant field from UTM or other institute or higher learning recognized by the University Senate.
Two(2) courses :
- University Elective Course.
- Research Methodology.
Selected Field of Research
1. Admission Requirement
– A master’s degree in relevant field from University Teknologi Malaysia or any other institutions of higher learning recognised by the UTM Senate
2. Students will be based in Kuala Lumpur.
3. Application must be made online by log on to www.ibs.utm.my or www.sps.utm.my. You will also need to upload the soft copy of supporting documents in your online application form.
– Master Degree Award
– Certified copy of Academic Transcript(s)
– Passport Sized Photograph
– Two Referee Forms (not compulsory)
– Financial Guarantee/ Bank Account Statement (for self sponsored candidate)
– Two copies of Scholarship Letter (If Any)
– Proof of processing fee being paid
– *Research proposal
*The research proposal format (for Master’s by research or PhD degree application only):
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Background of the problem
- Statement of the problem
- Objectives of the study
- Scope of the study
- Significance of the study
Chapter 2: Literature Review
- Review relevant research to provide rationale for your work
- Present unanswered questions, untried method etc. your work addresses
- Findings of others you are challenging or extending
Chapter 3: Research Methodology
- Research Design & Procedure
- Operational Framework
- Subjects or data sources
- Instrumentation & Data Analysis
- Assumptions & Limitations
- Research Planning & Schedule
Chapter 4: Expected Findings and Summary
- List of References
4. Selection & Registration
Offer letter will be issued out once the candidates fulfill the application & admission requirements within 2-3 weeks. Kindly note that once registered as a student, you need to register subject online so that the progress of your report can be keyed in at the end of semester. You are also required to take two (2) taught subjects at any time during your study
- Research Methodological
- University General Elective Subject offered by UTM IBS
We advise you to take during your these subjects during your first semester.
Fees and Charges
Processing fee for local and international applicants are as follows:
METHOD OF PAYMENT
Internet Banking/Electronic Funds Transfer
FEES AND CHARGES
FUNDING YOUR STUDIES
Find out more about funding opportunities offered by UTM.